Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 16

Brett slept until 8:30! And it was only because we started moving around the motor home to start getting ready that he woke up. He probably would have kept on sleeping.

We all showered and got ready and wanted to do some shopping before we left town. We discovered that there isn't any sales tax in Montana so we decided to do a lot of shopping!

We saw there was a TJ Maxx right by the campground so decided to make that our first stop. In the same parking lot was an REI so we went in there first. We got all kinds of new stuff!! I'm talking $800 worth of new stuff!! Alaska here we come!

Not a day without some excitement though...Lance was trying on new hiking boots and had Brett on the bench who then fell headfirst to the ground. Lance was right there to catch him so he barely hit the floor but because he snatched him up so quick, I think he mostly cried from getting startled. I hope. I went off to try on a new rain coat and apparently was gone for a long time because the next thing I knew there was an ambulance out front and people rushing too and from the back of the store. Another man was trying on some shoes and had a seizure right there. Lance called 911 because he saw him fall and hit his head pretty bad. They really must have gotten there fast because I didn't see or hear anything until they were wheeling him out. Everyone was so calm.

We never did make it into TJ Maxx.

We went to Walmart because Lance wanted Renee to buy the gun he wanted because she has a Maine drivers license. I grabbed 2 carts and made my way through the isles. I grabbed one whole cart full of boxes of diapers, toilet paper, paper towels and tissues. We were told these things are like 4 times as expensive up in Alaska so to load up!! I handed off that cart to George and filled another one full of dry goods to fill my pantry. I felt like supermarket sweep! $700 later, we were done at walmart and had some subs at Subway for lunch before hitting the road. We made out not having to pay sales tax!

Lance had his second class tonight which started at 6, Pacific Time, so he wanted to be sure we were somewhere with internet with plenty of time so we headed over a few mountains through Montana, Idaho and into Spokane, Washington. We were going to do another KOA but we decided to find a hotel instead that had a pool for the kids. And it worked out perfectly. Lance got to go sit in a conference room to listen to his lecture, while the kids ate dinner and got to swim in the pool to wear themselves out for the night! And I got to sit here and catch up on all my days!!

No comments: