Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 4

We spent the night in the parking lot of a Holiday Inn Express and hit the road again once everyone was awake at 6:30 in the morning. We stopped at a Pilot truck stop to take showers which wasn't all that bad. Surprisingly very clean which is what they pride themselves on. A clean shower, towel, wash cloth and soap for a 15 minute hot shower, all for $10. I, still wore my shoes.

Back on the road, we headed towards St. Louis, Missouri. I must say I don't really know what I expected from the city, but I now know I never have a reason to ever go back there. Not much to see. The nicest part of the town was the green grass around the Arch in the National Park. The Mississippi River must have just flooded the area too because so many roads were closed. It was hard getting around the back ally ways with the motor home and the trailer. We went through a pretty sketchy part of town to find the cheap gas station Lance had found with his phone.

We made our way towards “Cans Ass City” Missouri, according to the GPS pronunciation. We had McDonalds for breakfast and lunch so decided to go with Sweet Tomatoes all you can eat salad bar for dinner. Then on to Kansas for another night in a KOA Kampground.

Not too much excitement today!


No comments: